Subject: [amos-list] Re: TCP commands.
From: "Rev. Giark To You" <[email-masked]>
To: Andrew Crowe <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 1999 23:08:13 -0500

From: "Rev. Giark To You" <[email-masked]>

On 17-Aug-99, Andrew Crowe wrote:
>   But Tcp Open only works one way. There is no 'Tcp Listen(port)' type
>command. 

You wouldn't need it, maybe. We're getting too theoretical here. You're trying
to force me to start programming again, aren't you?

>   IRC would be totally useless for ingame, as a) its slow and b) everyone
>would get kicked off for flooding.
>   IRC is perfect for doing the pre-game forum though, for people to find
each
>other and start games etc. (Which is what I'm trying now... :)

That's what I meant.

>   Yeah, thats what I'm after but I really think there should be an easier
way
>then using InetD. Surely it can't be that hard to add a Tcp Listen(port)
>command or whatever, can it?

Well, for just direct person to person, I don't think you'd need inetd. It
would take a bit of experimenting with the command. If you and I knew each
other's ip numbers and you did a tcp open port 1.1.1.1/234 (or whatever), then
I did the same, using your ip instead, I think they would hook up. Anyone
doing any experimenting with direct tcp connect yet?

Well met and godspeed,
                      Rev. Giark
                                             ICQ 12235820
                                          [email-masked]
                                     [email-masked]
                                      http://24.112.23.20/~giark/
                            .----------------------------------------------.
                            |      ______  ______    _____  Coming Soon!   |
                            |     / ____/ / __  /   / ___ \ ï¿½SoloTrek III  |
                            |    / /__   / /_/ /   / /  / /                |
                            |   / ___/  / ____ \  / /  / /  ï¿½Cap'n Bubba   |
                            |  / /     / /___/ / / /  / /   And The Nasty  |
                            | /_/     /_______/ /_/  /_/    Alien Menace   |
                            |    Fly By Nite Videe-Oh!                     |
                            |    Amiga 1200 030/50MHz 2Mb Chip 32Mb Fast   |
                            `----------------------------------------------'

--------------------------- ONElist Sponsor ----------------------------

ONElist:  your connection to people who share your interests.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Official AMOS WWW: http://members.xoom.com/AmosFactory/front.html